Get a helping hand with maintaining your property, DIY and all those odd jobs you never quite get around to. Reliable local tradesman with many years' experience of carpentry, minor electrical and plumbing works, DIY, general property maintenance and repairs for domestic and commercial customers.
The Lyme Bay Handyman is fully insured and CRB checked.
Examples of the jobs we can do:
- Put up shelves and cupboards, coat-hooks, curtain poles, roller blinds etc.
- Repair wooden fixtures and fittings e.g. skirtings or architraves
- Ease and re-hang doors that stick
- Alter cupboards, blinds, shelves etc. that don't fit where you want them to go
- Assemble and install your flat-pack furniture
- Hang pictures, mirrors or photos
- Fit bolts, catches and security chains, or replace door locks
- Change fuses and plugs, lamp bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- Replace broken electrical sockets, switches or light fittings
- Fix plumbing leaks, dripping taps or make minor alterations (e.g. fit new basin taps or an outside tap)
- Bleed radiators
- Reseal round baths and basins or repair damaged grouting
- Replace inlet valves, siphons etc. in your toilet cistern
- Plumb in dishwashers and washing machines to existing pipes
- Minor repairs to plaster or tiling - making good etc.
- "You buy, we fit" - anything you bought and don't know how to install or fit - we may be able to help.
What we don't do:
- Install, repair or commission central heating systems, kitchens or bathrooms
- Major pipework and electrical installations
- Significant electrical work in kitchens, bathroons or outside
- Gas, oil, or LPG (Calor) appliance servicing, including Aga/Rayburn etc.
- Repairs to domestic appliances e.g. cookers, washing machines or dishwashers, and small electrical goods
- Building or roofing work
- Repair or reseal shower cubicles and trays
- Decorating, tiling, carpet fitting etc.
- Gardening, fencing or landscaping
- Drain jetting or gutter clearance
- Any job requiring scaffolding or more than one person to do safely
- Rubbish clearance and removal to tip
- Supply items from stock to fix your problem - generally, you buy and we fit. However, we can often arrange to bring things like electrical and plumbing fittings if you can tell us exactly what you need.
January's handy tip:
Make sure you know where to turn off the water, electricity and gas. This is essential to prevent danger and damage in an emergency. Ask your supplier or landlord if you aren't sure where to find the mains switch, stopcock or gas tap.